:: BENEFITS OF BEING A MEMBER OF THE GLOBAL YOUTH ACTION NETWORK
- Be part of a global community of thousands of like-minded organizations committed to and on the leading edge of the social change movement.
- Tap into the extensive network of more than 10,000 groups, and search the GYAN member database to locate potential partners and/or organizations with similar objectives for sharing of experiences.
- Connect with the larger TakingITGlobal community including 100,000 individual users in over 220 countries and territories.
- Find out what is happening in the youth empowerment, youth development, and youth participation sectors.
|As a member of GYAN you get access to tools and resources on TakingITGlobal that can help your organization to plan, promote, implement, and evaluate your projects and events. They include, but are not limited to:
* Individual membership profile
* Organizational profile & promotion
* Personal blogs
* Tools to manage and list your organization's events and projects
* Discussion boards (with thousands of active discussions)
* Tools to interact with other members, including built-in instant messenger
* Project management tools, including project web pages and web-based collaboration tools
* List-servers for you to create and manage in order to better communicate with your partners and members
* Posting professional and volunteer opportunities available in your organization
- Claim ownership and manage your organization's resources, events, and listings on the TakingITGlobal website. To become a listing manager for your organization please visit http://manage.takingitglobal.org.
- GYAN offers other opportunities to promote your work, including:
* YouthLink Express - GYAN's highly regarded newsletter reaching 10,000+ youth and youth organizations. To submit your story/event to the newsletter, please provide a short paragraph and a link to a website with further information to email@example.com.
* Targeted distribution to our contacts within governments, UN agencies and other institutions
* Nominations for media coverage
|Get access to resources and materials that can help you promote and scale up your activities. They are available online and, in many cases, printed versions of these materials may be shipped to you. Resources include, but are not limited to:
* "Youth and the MDGs: Challenges and Opportunities for Implementation" - a major research report outlining how young people are affected by and can actively contribute to achieving the Millennium Development Goals.
* MDG Youth Campaign Kit - a toolkit developed by GYAN, TIG and the UN Millennium Campaign to mobilize young people for the MDGs.
* "Our Voice. Our Future." - Young people report on the progress made on government commitments to combat HIV/AIDS.
* Global Youth Service Day Planning Toolkits - join the largest worldwide celebration of youth volunteerism and receive toolkits to help you plan your activities, as well as accessing service-learning curriculum guides.
* Free e-courses on political advocacy, project management and capacity-building through the Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (GYCA).
* Free monthly email, in partnership with GrantStation, with new funding opportunities.
* Discounts on select conference registration fees, membership fees and other non-profit resources.
* Dozens of other resource guides, planning toolkits, e-courses, multimedia material, research reports, fundraising guidelines, management strategies, publications, and more.
Get personal introductions to potential partners and invitations to collaborative projects taking shape that relate to your work.
- Get access to information that is helpful to the management and promotion of your organization. Please visit Member Resources for more information on:
* Organizational Development
* Funding Opportunities
* Media Opportunities
* Partner Opportunities
* Participation in Policy Processes
- As a GYAN member, you will get first notice when exciting opportunities arise within the network, from our partners, and at national and international institutions. Any opportunities within the media, for possible funding, for collaborative projects with United Nations agencies etc. will be broadcast to our members.
Be part of determining and shaping GYAN's future by voting in network elections.
- Provide your input on how GYAN should represent its members.
- Represent GYAN in your local community, in your country, and in events and conferences.